Aliases:This biomarker is also known as:
- integrin beta-1,
- integrin VLA-4 beta subunit,
- VLA-4 subunit beta,
- very late activation protein, beta polypeptide,
- CD29 antigen,
- integrin, beta 1 (fibronectin receptor, beta polypeptide, antigen CD29 includes MDF2, MSK12),
- Fibronectin receptor subunit beta,
ITGB1 is a beta subunit of the heterodimeric integrin protein. Integrins are ubiquitously expressed adhesion molecules composed of alpha and beta subunits. In mammals, 18 alpha and 8 beta subunits have been identified. Integrin family members are membrane receptors involved in cell adhesion and recognition in a variety of processes including embryogenesis, hemostasis, tissue repair, immune response and metastatic diffusion of tumor cells. Several protein isoforms have been identifed, arising from alternatively spliced transcript variants.
There are no datasets associated with this biomarker.
The following organs have data associated with this biomarker…
|QA State:||Under Review|
No additional breast data is available.
ITGB1 was one of numerous potential early detection biomarkers specific to triple-negative breast cancer in multiple pathways identified.
- HGNC entry for ITGB1 from Genenames
- KEGG entry for ITGB1 from Genome.jp
- Entrez entry for ITGB1 all NCBI Databasese
- Human GEO Profiles for ITGB1 from NCBI GEO Profiles
- Human Geo Datasets containing term ITGB1 from NCBI GEO Datasets
- GWAS Study Datasets containing gene ITGB1 from GWAS
- Human Single Nucleotide Polymorphisms info for ITGB1
- Human Gene(s) with 'ITGB1' as Gene Name/Alias
- Human Gene RefSeq for ITGB1 from NCBI
- GeneCards entry for human ITGB1
- UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entry for ITGB1 from Uniprot
- Human Protein RefSeq for ITGB1 from NCBI
- FDA web page describing approval of ITGB1
|UniProt Accession #:||P05556|
|Mutated Sites Count:||110|
|Associated Pubmed ID Count||16|
|Affected Protein Function Sites Count:||4|