Aliases:This biomarker is also known as:
- IGF-binding protein 1,
- Placental protein 12,
- alpha-pregnancy-associated endometrial globulin,
- insulin-like growth factor binding protein 1,
IGFBP1, a secreted protein, is a member of the insulin-like growth factor binding protein (IGFBP) family and encodes a protein with an IGFBP domain and a thyroglobulin type-I domain. It binds both insulin-like growth factors (IGFs) I and II and circulates in the plasma. Binding of this protein prolongs the half-life of the IGFs and alters their interaction with cell surface receptors. IGFBP1 promotes cell migration.
There are no datasets associated with this biomarker.
The following organs have data associated with this biomarker…
IGFBP1 has not been shown to be a strong biomarker for ovarian cancer.
Of the ovarian cancer biomarkers tested in prediagnostic specimens, from the PLCO, CA125 remains the single best biomarker for ovarian cancer and has its strongest signal within six months of diagnosis. IGFBP1 alone was not a strong predictor.
- HGNC entry for IGFBP1 from Genenames
- KEGG entry for IGFBP1 from Genome.jp
- Entrez entry for IGFBP1 all NCBI Databasese
- Human GEO Profiles for IGFBP1 from NCBI GEO Profiles
- Human Geo Datasets containing term IGFBP1 from NCBI GEO Datasets
- GWAS Study Datasets containing gene IGFBP1 from GWAS
- Human Single Nucleotide Polymorphisms info for IGFBP1
- Human Gene(s) with 'IGFBP1' as Gene Name/Alias
- Human Gene RefSeq for IGFBP1 from NCBI
- UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entry for IGFBP1 from Uniprot
- Human Protein RefSeq for IGFBP1 from NCBI
- FDA web page describing approval of IGFBP1
No other associated resources found.
|UniProt Accession #:||P08833|
|Mutated Sites Count:||38|
|Associated Pubmed ID Count||8|
|Affected Protein Function Sites Count:||4|