Aliases:This biomarker is also known as:
- alpha-pregnancy-associated endometrial globulin,
- insulin-like growth factor binding protein 1,
- Placental protein 12,
- IGF-binding protein 1,
IGFBP1, a secreted protein, is a member of the insulin-like growth factor binding protein (IGFBP) family and encodes a protein with an IGFBP domain and a thyroglobulin type-I domain. It binds both insulin-like growth factors (IGFs) I and II and circulates in the plasma. Binding of this protein prolongs the half-life of the IGFs and alters their interaction with cell surface receptors. IGFBP1 promotes cell migration.
There are no datasets associated with this biomarker.
The following organs have data associated with this biomarker…
IGFBP1 has not been shown to be a strong biomarker for ovarian cancer.
Of the ovarian cancer biomarkers tested in prediagnostic specimens, from the PLCO, CA125 remains the single best biomarker for ovarian cancer and has its strongest signal within six months of diagnosis. IGFBP1 alone was not a strong predictor.
External Resources for IGFBP1
- Entrez Protein Reference Sequence for insulin-like growth factor-binding protein 1 precursor [Homo sapiens]
- HGNC entry for human insulin-like growth factor binding protein 1 IGFBP1
- KEGG entry for human insulin-like growth factor binding protein 1 IGFBP1
- UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entry for P08833 (IBP1_HUMAN)
|UniProt Accession #:||P08833|
|Mutated Sites Count:||38|
|Associated Pubmed ID Count||8|
|Affected Protein Function Sites Count:||4|