Aliases:This biomarker is also known as:
- insulin-like growth factor 2 (somatomedin A),
- chromosome 11 open reading frame 43,
- Insulin-like growth factor II,
IGF2 is a member of the insulin family of polypeptide growth factors that is involved in development and growth. The IGF2 gene is an imprinted gene and is expressed only from the paternally inherited allele. It is a candidate gene for eating disorders. There is a read-through, INS-IGF2, which aligns to this gene at the 3' region and to the upstream INS gene at the 5' region. Alternatively spliced transcript variants, encoding either the same or different isoform, have been found for this gene. IGF2 is influenced by placental lactogen and may play a role in fetal development.
There are no datasets associated with this biomarker.
The following organs have data associated with this biomarker…
Overexpression of the imprinted insulin-like growth factor-II (IGF2) is a prominent characteristic of gynecologic malignancies. Elevated IGF2 expression is a frequent event in serous ovarian cancer and this occurs in the absence of IGF2 loss of imprinting (LOI).
Of the 28 ovarian cancer biomarkers tested in prediagnostic specimens, from the PLCO, CA125 remains the single best biomarker for ovarian cancer and has its strongest signal within six months of diagnosis. IGF2 alone was not a strong predictor.
No associated publications found.
- HGNC entry for IGF2 from Genenames
- KEGG entry for IGF2 from Genome.jp
- Entrez entry for IGF2 all NCBI Databasese
- Human GEO Profiles for IGF2 from NCBI GEO Profiles
- Human Geo Datasets containing term IGF2 from NCBI GEO Datasets
- GWAS Study Datasets containing gene IGF2 from GWAS
- Human Single Nucleotide Polymorphisms info for IGF2
- Human Gene(s) with 'IGF2' as Gene Name/Alias
- Human Gene RefSeq for IGF2 from NCBI
- GeneCards entry for human IGF2
- UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entry for IGF2 from Uniprot
- Human Protein RefSeq for IGF2 from NCBI
- FDA web page describing approval of IGF2
No other associated resources found.
|UniProt Accession #:||P01344|
|Mutated Sites Count:||71|
|Associated Pubmed ID Count||9|
|Affected Protein Function Sites Count:||4|