Aliases:This biomarker is also known as:
- short chain type dehydrogenase/reductase XH98G2,
- EC 18.104.22.168,EC 22.214.171.124,
- 17-beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase 10,
- mitochondrial ribonuclease P protein 2,
- Endoplasmic reticulum-associated amyloid beta-peptide-binding protein,
- AB-binding alcohol dehydrogenase,
- Mitochondrial ribonuclease P protein 2,
- Short-chain type dehydrogenase/reductase XH98G2,
- Mitochondrial RNase P protein 2,
- short chain dehydrogenase/reductase family 5C, member 1,
- short chain L-3-hydroxyacyl-CoA dehydrogenase type 2,
- 3-hydroxyacyl-CoA dehydrogenase type-2,
- Type II HADH,
- mental retardation, X-linked, syndromic 10,
- hydroxysteroid (17-beta) dehydrogenase 10,
- mitochondrial RNase P subunit 2,
- hydroxyacyl-Coenzyme A dehydrogenase, type II, hydroxyacyl-Coenzyme A dehydrogenase, type II,
- endoplasmic reticulum-associated amyloid beta-peptide-binding protein,
- amyloid-beta peptide binding alcohol dehydrogenase,
- 3-hydroxyacyl-CoA dehydrogenase type II,
- 3-hydroxy-2-methylbutyryl-CoA dehydrogenase,
- 17-beta-HSD 10,
HSD17B10, hydroxysteroid (17-beta) dehydrogenase 10, is a member of the short-chain dehydrogenase/reductase superfamily. HSD17B10 functions in mitochondrial tRNA maturation and catalyzes the oxidation of a wide variety of fatty acids, alcohols, and steroids. The protein is thought to play a role in the development of Alzheimer's disease. There are several alternatively spliced transcript variants, of which only two have been fully sequenced.
There are no datasets associated with this biomarker.
The following organs have data associated with this biomarker…
|QA State:||Under Review|
No additional breast data is available.
HSD17B10 was one of numerous potential early detection biomarkers specific to triple-negative breast cancer in multiple pathways identified.