Aliases:This biomarker is also known as:
- Short-chain type dehydrogenase/reductase XH98G2,
- 17-beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase 10,
- hydroxyacyl-Coenzyme A dehydrogenase, type II, hydroxyacyl-Coenzyme A dehydrogenase, type II,
- Mitochondrial ribonuclease P protein 2,
- Type II HADH,
- mitochondrial ribonuclease P protein 2,
- short chain L-3-hydroxyacyl-CoA dehydrogenase type 2,
- mental retardation, X-linked, syndromic 10,
- AB-binding alcohol dehydrogenase,
- short chain type dehydrogenase/reductase XH98G2,
- 3-hydroxyacyl-CoA dehydrogenase type II,
- Mitochondrial RNase P protein 2,
- 3-hydroxyacyl-CoA dehydrogenase type-2,
- hydroxysteroid (17-beta) dehydrogenase 10,
- short chain dehydrogenase/reductase family 5C, member 1,
- 3-hydroxy-2-methylbutyryl-CoA dehydrogenase,
- EC 188.8.131.52,EC 184.108.40.206,
- 17-beta-HSD 10,
- endoplasmic reticulum-associated amyloid beta-peptide-binding protein,
- Endoplasmic reticulum-associated amyloid beta-peptide-binding protein,
- amyloid-beta peptide binding alcohol dehydrogenase,
- mitochondrial RNase P subunit 2,
HSD17B10, hydroxysteroid (17-beta) dehydrogenase 10, is a member of the short-chain dehydrogenase/reductase superfamily. HSD17B10 functions in mitochondrial tRNA maturation and catalyzes the oxidation of a wide variety of fatty acids, alcohols, and steroids. The protein is thought to play a role in the development of Alzheimer's disease. There are several alternatively spliced transcript variants, of which only two have been fully sequenced.
There are no datasets associated with this biomarker.
The following organs have data associated with this biomarker…
|QA State:||Under Review|
No additional breast data is available.
HSD17B10 was one of numerous potential early detection biomarkers specific to triple-negative breast cancer in multiple pathways identified.
- Plasma biomarker profiles differ depending on breast cancer subtype but RANTES is consistently increased.
- Discovery and preliminary confirmation of novel early detection biomarkers for triple-negative breast cancer using preclinical plasma samples from the Women's Health Initiative observational study.
- HGNC entry for HSD17B10 from Genenames
- KEGG entry for HSD17B10 from Genome.jp
- Entrez entry for HSD17B10 all NCBI Databasese
- Human GEO Profiles for HSD17B10 from NCBI GEO Profiles
- Human Geo Datasets containing term HSD17B10 from NCBI GEO Datasets
- GWAS Study Datasets containing gene HSD17B10 from GWAS
- Human Single Nucleotide Polymorphisms info for HSD17B10
- Human Gene(s) with 'HSD17B10' as Gene Name/Alias
- Human Gene RefSeq for HSD17B10 from NCBI
- GeneCards entry for human HSD17B10
- UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entry for HSD17B10 from Uniprot
- Human Protein RefSeq for HSD17B10 from NCBI
- FDA web page describing approval of HSD17B10
|UniProt Accession #:||Q99714|
|Mutated Sites Count:||28|
|Associated Pubmed ID Count||0|
|Affected Protein Function Sites Count:||3|