Aliases:This biomarker is also known as:
- homeobox A9,
- homeo box A9,
- Homeobox protein Hox-1G,
- homeodomain protein HOXA9,
- homeobox protein Hox-A9,
- homeobox protein Hox-1G,
HOXA9 is a sequence-specific transcription factor. It is a member of the homeobox gene family. These transcription factors are spatially and temporally regulated during embryonic development. HOXA9 is part of the A cluster on chromosome 7 and encodes a DNA-binding transcription factor which may regulate gene expression, morphogenesis, and differentiation. Read-through transcription exists between this gene and the upstream homeobox A10 (HOXA10) gene.
There are no datasets associated with this biomarker.
The following organs have data associated with this biomarker…
Head & neck, NOS
HOXA9 and NID2 have been identified as novel differentially methylated genes in oral squamous cell carcinoma. These genes were also shown to have significantly higher methylation levels in tumor than normal oral mucosa, as seen by ROC analysis of head and neck squamous cell carcinoma samples.
HOXA9 and NID2 are promising oral squamous cell carcinoma biomarkers that should be studied on tissue, saliva and serum from larger cohorts. HOXA9 and NID2 were chosen for further study because they were the only candidate genes that had an AUC value equal to or higher than 0.75, and 100% specificity and sensitivity higher than 70%.
|QA State:||Under Review|
DNA methylation of HOXA9 has been found to be associated with ovarian cancer.
HOXA9 was one of 50 tumor vasculature-associated genes with transmembrane or secreted protein products identified through expression profiling of ovarian cancer vascular cells. These 50 tumor vascular markers (TVMs) also had low or no expression in normal tissues. HOXA9 was not in the group of 13 selected for further validation.
|QA State:||Under Review|
- HGNC entry for HOXA9 from Genenames
- KEGG entry for HOXA9 from Genome.jp
- Entrez entry for HOXA9 all NCBI Databasese
- Human GEO Profiles for HOXA9 from NCBI GEO Profiles
- Human Geo Datasets containing term HOXA9 from NCBI GEO Datasets
- GWAS Study Datasets containing gene HOXA9 from GWAS
- Human Single Nucleotide Polymorphisms info for HOXA9
- Human Gene(s) with 'HOXA9' as Gene Name/Alias
- Human Gene RefSeq for HOXA9 from NCBI
- UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entry for HOXA9 from Uniprot
- Human Protein RefSeq for HOXA9 from NCBI
- FDA web page describing approval of HOXA9
|UniProt Accession #:||P31269|
|Mutated Sites Count:||41|
|Associated Pubmed ID Count||7|
|Affected Protein Function Sites Count:||5|