Aliases:This biomarker is also known as:
- hexamethylene bis-acetamide-inducible protein 1,
- menage a quatre protein 1,
- protein HEXIM1,
- estrogen down-regulated gene 1 protein,
- hexamethylene bisacetamide-inducible protein,
- hexamethylene bis-acetamide inducible 1,
- cardiac lineage protein 1,
- Estrogen down-regulated gene 1 protein,
- hexamethylene-bis-acetamide-inducible transcript 1,
- Menage a quatre protein 1,
- Cardiac lineage protein 1,
- Hexamethylene bis-acetamide-inducible protein 1,
- menage a quatre 1,
- hexamthylene bis-acetamide inducible 1,
HEXIM1 is an intronless transcriptional regulator which functions as a general RNA polymerase II transcription inhibitor. HEXIM1 expression is induced by hexamethylene-bis-acetamide in vascular smooth muscle cells.
There are no datasets associated with this biomarker.
The following organs have data associated with this biomarker…
|QA State:||Under Review|
No additional breast data available.
HEXIM1 was one of numerous potential early detection biomarkers specific to triple-negative breast cancer in multiple pathways identified.
- Discovery and preliminary confirmation of novel early detection biomarkers for triple-negative breast cancer using preclinical plasma samples from the Women's Health Initiative observational study.
- Plasma biomarker profiles differ depending on breast cancer subtype but RANTES is consistently increased.
- HGNC entry for HEXIM1 from Genenames
- KEGG entry for HEXIM1 from Genome.jp
- Entrez entry for HEXIM1 all NCBI Databasese
- Human GEO Profiles for HEXIM1 from NCBI GEO Profiles
- Human Geo Datasets containing term HEXIM1 from NCBI GEO Datasets
- GWAS Study Datasets containing gene HEXIM1 from GWAS
- Human Single Nucleotide Polymorphisms info for HEXIM1
- Human Gene(s) with 'HEXIM1' as Gene Name/Alias
- Human Gene RefSeq for HEXIM1 from NCBI
- GeneCards entry for human HEXIM1
- UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entry for HEXIM1 from Uniprot
- Human Protein RefSeq for HEXIM1 from NCBI
- FDA web page describing approval of HEXIM1
|UniProt Accession #:||O94992|
|Mutated Sites Count:||49|
|Associated Pubmed ID Count||9|
|Affected Protein Function Sites Count:||4|