Aliases:This biomarker is also known as:
- transducin beta chain 4,
- guanine nucleotide binding protein beta subunit 4,
- Transducin beta chain 4,
- guanine nucleotide binding protein (G protein), beta polypeptide 4,
- G protein beta-4 subunit,
- guanine nucleotide-binding protein subunit beta-4,
GNB4 is the beta subunit of a heterotrimeric guanine nucleotide-binding protein (G protein). These proteins also have alpha and gamma subunits. GNB4 and other beta subunits are important regulators of alpha subunits, as well as of certain signal transduction receptors and effectors. Each type of subunit is encoded by families of related genes.
There are no datasets associated with this biomarker.
The following organs have data associated with this biomarker…
|QA State:||Under Review|
No additional breast data available.
GNB4 was one of numerous potential early detection biomarkers specific to triple-negative breast cancer in multiple pathways identified.
- HGNC entry for GNB4 from Genenames
- KEGG entry for GNB4 from Genome.jp
- Entrez entry for GNB4 all NCBI Databasese
- Human GEO Profiles for GNB4 from NCBI GEO Profiles
- Human Geo Datasets containing term GNB4 from NCBI GEO Datasets
- GWAS Study Datasets containing gene GNB4 from GWAS
- Human Single Nucleotide Polymorphisms info for GNB4
- Human Gene(s) with 'GNB4' as Gene Name/Alias
- Human Gene RefSeq for GNB4 from NCBI
- GeneCards entry for human GNB4
- UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entry for GNB4 from Uniprot
- Human Protein RefSeq for GNB4 from NCBI
- FDA web page describing approval of GNB4
|UniProt Accession #:||Q9HAV0|
|Mutated Sites Count:||49|
|Associated Pubmed ID Count||12|
|Affected Protein Function Sites Count:||5|