Aliases:This biomarker is also known as:
- AP3A hydrolase,
- tumor suppressor protein,
- Diadenosine 5',5'''-P1,P3-triphosphate hydrolase,
- Fragile histidine triad protein,
- fragile histidine triad gene,
- diadenosine 5',5'''-P1,P3-triphosphate hydrolase,
- EC 22.214.171.124,
FHIT, or fragile histidine triad, is a member of the histidine triad gene family. The FHIT protein is a diadenosine 5',5'''-P1,P3-triphosphate hydrolase involved in purine metabolism. Included in the FHIT gene is the common fragile site FRA3B on chromosome 3, where carcinogen-induced damage can lead to translocations and aberrant transcripts of this gene. Mutated transcripts from this gene have been found in about half of all esophageal, stomach, and colon carcinomas. There are several alternatively spliced transcript variants for this gene.
|QA State:||Under Review|
There are no datasets associated with this biomarker.