Aliases:This biomarker is also known as:
- FASLG receptor,
- tumor necrosis factor receptor superfamily, member 6,
- Fas AMA,
- CD95 antigen,
- FAS (Ab1),
- Apo-1 antigen,
- APO-1 cell surface antigen,
- apoptosis-mediating surface antigen FAS,
- FAS (Ab2),
- Delta Fas/APO-1/CD95,
- FAS 827dupA,
- Fas (TNF receptor superfamily, member 6),
- apoptosis antigen 1,
- tumor necrosis factor receptor superfamily member 6,
- Apoptosis-mediating surface antigen FAS,
FAS is a member of the TNF-receptor superfamily. The FAS protein is a receptor for TNFSF6/FASLG and has been shown to play a central role in the physiological regulation of programmed cell death, and has been implicated in the pathogenesis of various malignancies and diseases of the immune system. Several alternatively spliced transcript variants have been described, some of which are candidates for nonsense-mediated mRNA decay (NMD). The isoforms lacking the transmembrane domain may negatively regulate the apoptosis mediated by the full length isoform.
There are no datasets associated with this biomarker.
The following organs have data associated with this biomarker…
|QA State:||Under Review|
No additional breast data available.
FAS was one of numerous potential early detection biomarkers specific to triple-negative breast cancer in multiple pathways identified.
|QA State:||Under Review|
APO-1/Fas receptor (FasR) is a cell surface receptor that, when activated, triggers apoptosis. It has been postulated that this receptor may be involved in the clearance of benign ovarian epithelial inclusion cysts (IC). An observed decreased expression of FasR in malignant ovarian epithelial neoplasms as compared with benign ovarian epithelial lesions suggests that a decreased sensitivity to Fas-mediated apoptosis may be involved in ovarian epithelial carcinogenesis.
- HGNC entry for FAS from Genenames
- KEGG entry for FAS from Genome.jp
- Entrez entry for FAS all NCBI Databasese
- Human GEO Profiles for FAS from NCBI GEO Profiles
- Human Geo Datasets containing term FAS from NCBI GEO Datasets
- GWAS Study Datasets containing gene FAS from GWAS
- Human Single Nucleotide Polymorphisms info for FAS
- Human Gene(s) with 'FAS' as Gene Name/Alias
- Human Gene RefSeq for FAS from NCBI
- GeneCards entry for human FAS
- UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entry for FAS from Uniprot
- Human Protein RefSeq for FAS from NCBI
- FDA web page describing approval of FAS
|UniProt Accession #:||P25445|
|Mutated Sites Count:||75|
|Associated Pubmed ID Count||7|
|Affected Protein Function Sites Count:||5|