Aliases:This biomarker is also known as:
- endothelial cell-specific molecule 1,
ESM1, a secreted protein containing multiple polyadenylation and mRNA instability signals, may have potent implications in lung endothelial cell-leukocyte interactions. It is expressed in lung, on the vascular capillary network within alveolar walls, and also at lower level in kidney. The expression of the ESM1 gene is regulated by cytokines, suggesting that it may play a role in endothelium-dependent pathological disorders. Two transcript variants encoding different isoforms have been found for this gene.
There are no datasets associated with this biomarker.
The following organs have data associated with this biomarker…
|QA State:||Under Review|
ESM1 is a secreted tumor vascular marker (TVM) that is selectively expressed in tumor vasculature and represents a promising target for vascular imaging or anti-vascular therapy of epithelial ovarian cancer.
ESM1 was one of 13 genes out of 50 selected for further validation in PMID:21617380. Average expression of ESM1 was significantly higher in epithelial ovarian cancer tumors than any other normal tissue tested.
- HGNC entry for ESM1 from Genenames
- KEGG entry for ESM1 from Genome.jp
- Entrez entry for ESM1 all NCBI Databasese
- Human GEO Profiles for ESM1 from NCBI GEO Profiles
- Human Geo Datasets containing term ESM1 from NCBI GEO Datasets
- GWAS Study Datasets containing gene ESM1 from GWAS
- Human Single Nucleotide Polymorphisms info for ESM1
- Human Gene(s) with 'ESM1' as Gene Name/Alias
- Human Gene RefSeq for ESM1 from NCBI
- GeneCards entry for human ESM1
- UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entry for ESM1 from Uniprot
- Human Protein RefSeq for ESM1 from NCBI
- FDA web page describing approval of ESM1
|UniProt Accession #:||Q9NQ30|
|Mutated Sites Count:||51|
|Associated Pubmed ID Count||7|
|Affected Protein Function Sites Count:||4|