Aliases:This biomarker is also known as:
- epithelial stromal interaction protein 1,
- epithelial stromal interaction 1 (breast),
- epithelial-stromal interaction protein 1,
EPSTI1 is highly expressed in placenta, small intestine, spleen, kidney, thymus, liver, salivary gland and testes. There are three isoforms of this protein, produced by alternative splicing.
There are no datasets associated with this biomarker.
The following organs have data associated with this biomarker…
|QA State:||Under Review|
No specific ovarian data available, however EPSTI1 has been found to be highly expressed in breast cancer.
EPSTI1 was one of 50 tumor vasculature-associated genes with transmembrane or secreted protein products identified through expression profiling of ovarian cancer vascular cells. These 50 tumor vascular markers (TVMs) also had low or no expression in normal tissues. EPSTI1 was not in the group of 13 selected for further validation.
- HGNC entry for EPSTI1 from Genenames
- KEGG entry for EPSTI1 from Genome.jp
- Entrez entry for EPSTI1 all NCBI Databasese
- Human GEO Profiles for EPSTI1 from NCBI GEO Profiles
- Human Geo Datasets containing term EPSTI1 from NCBI GEO Datasets
- GWAS Study Datasets containing gene EPSTI1 from GWAS
- Human Single Nucleotide Polymorphisms info for EPSTI1
- Human Gene(s) with 'EPSTI1' as Gene Name/Alias
- Human Gene RefSeq for EPSTI1 from NCBI
- GeneCards entry for human EPSTI1
- UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entry for EPSTI1 from Uniprot
- Human Protein RefSeq for EPSTI1 from NCBI
- FDA web page describing approval of EPSTI1
|UniProt Accession #:||Q96J88|
|Mutated Sites Count:||66|
|Associated Pubmed ID Count||7|
|Affected Protein Function Sites Count:||4|