Aliases:This biomarker is also known as:
- CD105 antigen,
- Osler-Rendu-Weber syndrome 1,
ENG, or endoglin, is a cell surface adhesion protein involved the regulation of angiogenesis. ENG is a major glycoprotein of the vascular endothelium and is also a component of the transforming growth factor beta receptor complex. ENG binds to the beta1 and beta3 peptides with high affinity. ENG may also be involved in preeclampsia and several types of cancer. There are several isoforms encoded by transcript variants.
There are no datasets associated with this biomarker.
The following organs have data associated with this biomarker…
|QA State:||Under Review|
Endoglin is expressed in a subset of invasive breast cancers and cell lines and is subject to epigenetic silencing by gene methylation. In a large cohort of invasive breast cancers, lack of endoglin expression in the tumor cell compartment correlates with ENG gene methylation and poor clinical outcome. (PMID:21042283)
ENG was one of numerous potential early detection biomarkers specific to triple-negative breast cancer in multiple pathways identified.
- Discovery and preliminary confirmation of novel early detection biomarkers for triple-negative breast cancer using preclinical plasma samples from the Women's Health Initiative observational study.
- Plasma biomarker profiles differ depending on breast cancer subtype but RANTES is consistently increased.
- Endoglin expression in breast tumor cells suppresses invasion and metastasis and correlates with improved clinical outcome.
- HGNC entry for ENG from Genenames
- KEGG entry for ENG from Genome.jp
- Entrez entry for ENG all NCBI Databasese
- Human GEO Profiles for ENG from NCBI GEO Profiles
- Human Geo Datasets containing term ENG from NCBI GEO Datasets
- GWAS Study Datasets containing gene ENG from GWAS
- Human Single Nucleotide Polymorphisms info for ENG
- Human Gene(s) with 'ENG' as Gene Name/Alias
- Human Gene RefSeq for ENG from NCBI
- GeneCards entry for human ENG
- UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entry for ENG from Uniprot
- Human Protein RefSeq for ENG from NCBI
- FDA web page describing approval of ENG
|UniProt Accession #:||P17813|
|Mutated Sites Count:||109|
|Associated Pubmed ID Count||14|
|Affected Protein Function Sites Count:||4|