Aliases:This biomarker is also known as:
- E74-like factor 2,
- E74-like factor 2 (ets domain transcription factor),
- new Ets-related factor,
- ets family transcription factor ELF2C,
- New ETS-related factor,
- ETS-related transcription factor Elf-2,
ELF2 is a nuclear protein that is conserved across several species. Multiple isoforms have been identified. Isoform 1 transcriptionally activates the LYN and BLK promoters and acts synergistically with RUNX1 to transactivate the BLK promoter, while isoform 2 is thought to function in repression of RUNX1-mediated transactivation.
There are no datasets associated with this biomarker.
The following organs have data associated with this biomarker…
|QA State:||Under Review|
No additional breast data available.
ELF2 was one of numerous potential early detection biomarkers specific to triple-negative breast cancer in multiple pathways identified.
- Discovery and preliminary confirmation of novel early detection biomarkers for triple-negative breast cancer using preclinical plasma samples from the Women's Health Initiative observational study.
- Plasma biomarker profiles differ depending on breast cancer subtype but RANTES is consistently increased.
- HGNC entry for ELF2 from Genenames
- KEGG entry for ELF2 from Genome.jp
- Entrez entry for ELF2 all NCBI Databasese
- Human GEO Profiles for ELF2 from NCBI GEO Profiles
- Human Geo Datasets containing term ELF2 from NCBI GEO Datasets
- GWAS Study Datasets containing gene ELF2 from GWAS
- Human Single Nucleotide Polymorphisms info for ELF2
- Human Gene(s) with 'ELF2' as Gene Name/Alias
- Human Gene RefSeq for ELF2 from NCBI
- GeneCards entry for human ELF2
- UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entry for ELF2 from Uniprot
- Human Protein RefSeq for ELF2 from NCBI
- FDA web page describing approval of ELF2
|UniProt Accession #:||Q15723|
|Mutated Sites Count:||235|
|Associated Pubmed ID Count||12|
|Affected Protein Function Sites Count:||5|