Aliases:This biomarker is also known as:
- MAM and EGF domain containing,
- epidermal growth factor-like protein 6,
- EGF-like-domain, multiple 6,
- EGF repeat-containing protein 6,
- MAM and EGF domains-containing gene protein,
- EGF-like protein 6,
EGFL6 is a member of the epidermal growth factor (EGF) repeat superfamily. This family is characterized by EGF-like repeats. Members are involved in the regulation of cell cycle, proliferation, and developmental processes. The presence of a signal peptide indicates it is a secreted protein. The EGFL6 gene is expressed during early development.
There are no datasets associated with this biomarker.
The following organs have data associated with this biomarker…
|QA State:||Under Review|
EGFL6 is a secreted tumor vascular marker (TVM) that is selectively expressed in tumor vasculature and represents a promising target for vascular imaging or anti-vascular therapy of epithelial ovarian cancer.
EGFL6 was one of 13 genes out of 50 selected for further validation in PMID:21617380. Average expression of EGFL6 was significantly higher in epithelial ovarian cancer tumors than any other normal tissue tested.
- Tumor vascular proteins as biomarkers in ovarian cancer.
- Analysis of gene expression profiling in meningioma: deregulated signaling pathways associated with meningioma and EGFL6 overexpression in benign meningioma tissue and serum.
- Novel surface targets and serum biomarkers from the ovarian cancer vasculature.
- HGNC entry for EGFL6 from Genenames
- KEGG entry for EGFL6 from Genome.jp
- Entrez entry for EGFL6 all NCBI Databasese
- Human GEO Profiles for EGFL6 from NCBI GEO Profiles
- Human Geo Datasets containing term EGFL6 from NCBI GEO Datasets
- GWAS Study Datasets containing gene EGFL6 from GWAS
- Human Single Nucleotide Polymorphisms info for EGFL6
- Human Gene(s) with 'EGFL6' as Gene Name/Alias
- Human Gene RefSeq for EGFL6 from NCBI
- GeneCards entry for human EGFL6
- UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entry for EGFL6 from Uniprot
- Human Protein RefSeq for EGFL6 from NCBI
- FDA web page describing approval of EGFL6
|UniProt Accession #:||Q8IUX8|
|Mutated Sites Count:||86|
|Associated Pubmed ID Count||0|
|Affected Protein Function Sites Count:||3|