Aliases:This biomarker is also known as:
- protein EFR3 homolog A,
- Protein EFR3-like,
- EFR3 homolog A (S. cerevisiae),
EFR3A (KIAA0143) is a membrane protein. Little is known about its function, although studies on the mouse homolog have suggested a role in hearing. It has been shown in mice that it is differentially expressed in the auditory brainstem neurons of mice with hearing deficit, compared to mice with normal hearing ability.
There are no datasets associated with this biomarker.
The following organs have data associated with this biomarker…
|QA State:||Under Review|
No additional ovarian data available.
EFR3A (KIAA0143) was one of 50 tumor vasculature-associated genes with transmembrane or secreted protein products identified through expression profiling of ovarian cancer vascular cells. These 50 tumor vascular markers (TVMs) also had low or no expression in normal tissues. EFR3A (KIAA0143) was not in the group of 13 selected for further validation.
- HGNC entry for EFR3A from Genenames
- KEGG entry for EFR3A from Genome.jp
- Entrez entry for EFR3A all NCBI Databasese
- Human GEO Profiles for EFR3A from NCBI GEO Profiles
- Human Geo Datasets containing term EFR3A from NCBI GEO Datasets
- GWAS Study Datasets containing gene EFR3A from GWAS
- Human Single Nucleotide Polymorphisms info for EFR3A
- Human Gene(s) with 'EFR3A' as Gene Name/Alias
- Human Gene RefSeq for EFR3A from NCBI
- GeneCards entry for human EFR3A
- UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entry for EFR3A from Uniprot
- Human Protein RefSeq for EFR3A from NCBI
- FDA web page describing approval of EFR3A
|UniProt Accession #:||Q14156|
|Mutated Sites Count:||115|
|Associated Pubmed ID Count||11|
|Affected Protein Function Sites Count:||4|