Aliases:This biomarker is also known as:
- polycomb protein EED,
- WD protein associating with integrin cytoplasmic tails 1,
- embryonic ectoderm development,
EED is a member of the Polycomb-group (PcG) family. PcG family members form multimeric protein complexes, which are involved in maintaining the transcriptional repressive state of genes over successive cell generations. EED is part of the PRC2/EED-EZH2 complex, which methylates 'Lys-9' and 'Lys-27' of histone H3, leading to transcriptional repression of the affected target gene. Genes repressed by the PRC2/EED-EZH2 complex include HOXC8, HOXA9, MYT1 and CDKN2A. There are two known isoforms arising from two distinct transcript variants for this gene.
There are no datasets associated with this biomarker.
The following organs have data associated with this biomarker…
|QA State:||Under Review|
No additional breast data available.
EED was one of numerous potential early detection biomarkers specific to triple-negative breast cancer in multiple pathways identified.
- HGNC entry for EED from Genenames
- KEGG entry for EED from Genome.jp
- Entrez entry for EED all NCBI Databasese
- Human GEO Profiles for EED from NCBI GEO Profiles
- Human Geo Datasets containing term EED from NCBI GEO Datasets
- GWAS Study Datasets containing gene EED from GWAS
- Human Single Nucleotide Polymorphisms info for EED
- Human Gene(s) with 'EED' as Gene Name/Alias
- Human Gene RefSeq for EED from NCBI
- GeneCards entry for human EED
- UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entry for EED from Uniprot
- Human Protein RefSeq for EED from NCBI
- FDA web page describing approval of EED
|UniProt Accession #:||O75530|
|Mutated Sites Count:||64|
|Associated Pubmed ID Count||10|
|Affected Protein Function Sites Count:||4|