Aliases:This biomarker is also known as:
- extracellular matrix protein 1,
- Secretory component p85,
ECM1 is an extracellular protein containing motifs with a cysteine pattern characteristic of the cysteine pattern of the ligand-binding "double-loop" domains of the albumin protein family. It is involved in endochondral bone formation as negative regulator of bone mineralization. EMC1 stimulates the proliferation of endothelial cells and promotes angiogenesis. It also inhibits MMP9 proteolytic activity. ECM1 is expressed in breast cancer tissues, however little or no expression observed in normal breast tissues. It is also expressed in skin; wide expression is observed throughout the dermis with minimal expression in the epidermis.
There are no datasets associated with this biomarker.
The following organs have data associated with this biomarker…
No associated publications found.
- HGNC entry for ECM1 from Genenames
- KEGG entry for ECM1 from Genome.jp
- Entrez entry for ECM1 all NCBI Databasese
- Human GEO Profiles for ECM1 from NCBI GEO Profiles
- Human Geo Datasets containing term ECM1 from NCBI GEO Datasets
- GWAS Study Datasets containing gene ECM1 from GWAS
- Human Single Nucleotide Polymorphisms info for ECM1
- Human Gene(s) with 'ECM1' as Gene Name/Alias
- Human Gene RefSeq for ECM1 from NCBI
- UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entry for ECM1 from Uniprot
- Human Protein RefSeq for ECM1 from NCBI
- FDA web page describing approval of ECM1
No other associated resources found.
|UniProt Accession #:||Q16610|
|Mutated Sites Count:||210|
|Associated Pubmed ID Count||18|
|Affected Protein Function Sites Count:||4|