Aliases:This biomarker is also known as:
- TPR repeat protein 2,
- tetratricopeptide repeat protein 2,
- dnaJ homolog subfamily C member 7,
- Tetratricopeptide repeat protein 2,
- tetratricopeptide repeat domain 2,
- DnaJ (Hsp40) homolog, subfamily C, member 7,
DNAJC7 is a member of the DNAJ heat shock protein 40 family. This family is characterized by two N-terminal tetratricopeptide repeat domains and a C-terminal DNAJ domain. DNAJC7 functions as a co-chaperone regulating the molecular chaperones HSP70 and HSP90 in folding of steroid receptors, such as the glucocorticoid receptor and the progesterone receptor. There are pseudogenes of this gene on chromosomes 1 and 6. Multiple transcript variants of DNAJC7 exist from alternate splicing.
There are no datasets associated with this biomarker.
The following organs have data associated with this biomarker…
|QA State:||Under Review|
No additional breast data available.
DNAJC7 was one of numerous potential early detection biomarkers specific to triple-negative breast cancer in multiple pathways identified.
- Discovery and preliminary confirmation of novel early detection biomarkers for triple-negative breast cancer using preclinical plasma samples from the Women's Health Initiative observational study.
- Plasma biomarker profiles differ depending on breast cancer subtype but RANTES is consistently increased.
- HGNC entry for DNAJC7 from Genenames
- KEGG entry for DNAJC7 from Genome.jp
- Entrez entry for DNAJC7 all NCBI Databasese
- Human GEO Profiles for DNAJC7 from NCBI GEO Profiles
- Human Geo Datasets containing term DNAJC7 from NCBI GEO Datasets
- GWAS Study Datasets containing gene DNAJC7 from GWAS
- Human Single Nucleotide Polymorphisms info for DNAJC7
- Human Gene(s) with 'DNAJC7' as Gene Name/Alias
- Human Gene RefSeq for DNAJC7 from NCBI
- GeneCards entry for human DNAJC7
- UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entry for DNAJC7 from Uniprot
- Human Protein RefSeq for DNAJC7 from NCBI
- FDA web page describing approval of DNAJC7
|UniProt Accession #:||Q99615|
|Mutated Sites Count:||93|
|Associated Pubmed ID Count||6|
|Affected Protein Function Sites Count:||5|