Aliases:This biomarker is also known as:
- protein DGCR6,
- DiGeorge syndrome critical region gene 6,
- DiGeorge syndrome critical region protein 6,
- DiGeorge syndrome critical region 6,
DGCR6 is located on chromosome 22q11.21. Microdeletions in this region are associated with DiGeorge syndrome, and more widely, the CATCH 22 syndrome. DGCR6, also known as DiGeorge syndrome critical region 6, is thought to be involved in DiGeorge syndrome pathology and in schizophrenia. Another function attributed to this gene is a role in neural crest cell migration into the third and fourth pharyngeal pouches. The DGCR6 protein shares homology with the Drosophila melanogaster gonadal protein, which participates in gonadal and germ cell development, and with the gamma-1 subunit of human laminin.
There are no datasets associated with this biomarker.
The following organs have data associated with this biomarker…
|QA State:||Under Review|
No additional breast data available.
DGCR6 was one of numerous potential early detection biomarkers specific to triple-negative breast cancer in multiple pathways identified.
- Plasma biomarker profiles differ depending on breast cancer subtype but RANTES is consistently increased.
- Discovery and preliminary confirmation of novel early detection biomarkers for triple-negative breast cancer using preclinical plasma samples from the Women's Health Initiative observational study.
- HGNC entry for DGCR6 from Genenames
- KEGG entry for DGCR6 from Genome.jp
- Entrez entry for DGCR6 all NCBI Databasese
- Human GEO Profiles for DGCR6 from NCBI GEO Profiles
- Human Geo Datasets containing term DGCR6 from NCBI GEO Datasets
- GWAS Study Datasets containing gene DGCR6 from GWAS
- Human Single Nucleotide Polymorphisms info for DGCR6
- Human Gene(s) with 'DGCR6' as Gene Name/Alias
- Human Gene RefSeq for DGCR6 from NCBI
- GeneCards entry for human DGCR6
- UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entry for DGCR6 from Uniprot
- Human Protein RefSeq for DGCR6 from NCBI
- FDA web page describing approval of DGCR6
|UniProt Accession #:||Q14129|
|Mutated Sites Count:||23|
|Associated Pubmed ID Count||4|
|Affected Protein Function Sites Count:||4|