Aliases:This biomarker is also known as:
- defensin, beta 1,
- Defensin, beta 1,
- beta-defensin 1,
DEFB1 is a member of the defensin family of microbicidal and cytotoxic peptides made by neutrophils. DEFB1 is an antimicrobial peptide implicated in the resistance of epithelial surfaces to microbial colonization. DEFB1 is thought to be involved in the pathogenesis of cystic fibrosis.
There are no datasets associated with this biomarker.
The following organs have data associated with this biomarker…
|QA State:||Under Review|
No additional ovarian data available.
DEFB1 was one of 50 tumor vasculature-associated genes with transmembrane or secreted protein products identified through expression profiling of ovarian cancer vascular cells. These 50 tumor vascular markers (TVMs) also had low or no expression in normal tissues. DEFB1 was not in the group of 13 selected for further validation.
- HGNC entry for DEFB1 from Genenames
- KEGG entry for DEFB1 from Genome.jp
- Entrez entry for DEFB1 all NCBI Databasese
- Human GEO Profiles for DEFB1 from NCBI GEO Profiles
- Human Geo Datasets containing term DEFB1 from NCBI GEO Datasets
- GWAS Study Datasets containing gene DEFB1 from GWAS
- Human Single Nucleotide Polymorphisms info for DEFB1
- Human Gene(s) with 'DEFB1' as Gene Name/Alias
- Human Gene RefSeq for DEFB1 from NCBI
- GeneCards entry for human DEFB1
- UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entry for DEFB1 from Uniprot
- Human Protein RefSeq for DEFB1 from NCBI
- FDA web page describing approval of DEFB1
|UniProt Accession #:||P60022|
|Mutated Sites Count:||12|
|Associated Pubmed ID Count||1|
|Affected Protein Function Sites Count:||4|