Aliases:This biomarker is also known as:
- deleted in colorectal cancer protein,
- colorectal tumor suppressor,
- Tumor suppressor protein DCC,
- immunoglobulin superfamily DCC subclass member 1,
- Immunoglobulin superfamily DCC subclass member 1,
- Colorectal cancer suppressor,
- netrin receptor DCC,
- deleted in colorectal carcinoma,
- colorectal cancer suppressor,
- immunoglobulin superfamily, DCC subclass, member 1,
- tumor suppressor protein DCC,
DCC is a receptor for netrin 1, which is required for axon guidance. DCC is a transmembrane protein and a member of the immunoglobulin superfamily of cell adhesion molecules. It mediates axon attraction of neuronal growth cones in the developing nervous system upon ligand binding. The cytoplasmic tail of DCC interacts with the tyrosine kinases Src and focal adhesion kinase (FAK, also known as PTK2) to mediate axon attraction. The protein partially localizes to lipid rafts, and induces apoptosis in the absence of ligand. The protein functions as a tumor suppressor, and is frequently mutated or downregulated in colorectal cancer and esophageal carcinoma.
There are no datasets associated with this biomarker.
The following organs have data associated with this biomarker…
Head & neck, NOS
No additional data available.
DCC is one of eight genes on a panel of differentially methylated genes from normal and OSCC clinical samples from patients with heterogenous risk profiles chosen for further validation. The eight genes are: HOXA9, NID2, GATA4, KIF1A, EDNRB, MCAM, DCC, and CALCA.
|QA State:||Under Review|
- An epigenetic marker panel for detection of lung cancer using cell-free serum DNA.
- The state of molecular biomarkers for the early detection of lung cancer.
- NID2 and HOXA9 promoter hypermethylation as biomarkers for prevention and early detection in oral cavity squamous cell carcinoma tissues and saliva.
- HGNC entry for DCC from Genenames
- KEGG entry for DCC from Genome.jp
- Entrez entry for DCC all NCBI Databasese
- Human GEO Profiles for DCC from NCBI GEO Profiles
- Human Geo Datasets containing term DCC from NCBI GEO Datasets
- GWAS Study Datasets containing gene DCC from GWAS
- Human Single Nucleotide Polymorphisms info for DCC
- Human Gene(s) with 'DCC' as Gene Name/Alias
- Human Gene RefSeq for DCC from NCBI
- GeneCards entry for human DCC
- UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entry for DCC from Uniprot
- Human Protein RefSeq for DCC from NCBI
- FDA web page describing approval of DCC
No other associated resources found.
|UniProt Accession #:||P43146|
|Mutated Sites Count:||487|
|Associated Pubmed ID Count||38|
|Affected Protein Function Sites Count:||5|