Aliases:This biomarker is also known as:
- GABA Receptor Modulator,
- Cholecystokinin-Releasing Peptide, Trypsin-Sensitive,
- Acyl-Coenzyme A Binding Domain Containing 1,
- Acyl-CoA-Binding Protein,
- diazepam binding inhibitor (GABA receptor modulator, acyl-CoA binding protein),
- Diazepam-Binding Inhibitor,
DBI, diazepam binding inhibitor, was previously known as ACBP, acyl-coA binding protein. This protein is regulated by hormones, is involved in lipid metabolism, and is thought to act as a neuropeptide to regulate the action of the GABA receptor. DBI is conserved across species. The most highly conserved domain is the hydrophobic binding site for medium- and long-chain acyl-coA esters. DBI is involved in the regulation of pancreatic secretion and release of cholecystokinin. There are three pseudogenes for DBI on separate chromosomes. DBI has multiple transcript variants encoding different isoforms.
There are no datasets associated with this biomarker.
The following organs have data associated with this biomarker…
|QA State:||Under Review|
The role of ACBP, also known as DBI, in lung tumorigenesis is unknown. ACBP plays a role in lipid metabolism and acts as acyl-CoA transporter and intracellular pool former. In spite of the fact that ACBP is ubiquitously expressed (29), its differential expression in normal epithelium and invasive tissues was clearly demonstrated by MALDI MS. To our knowledge, this is the first report of overexpression of ACBP in lung tumorigenesis.
ACBP, also known as DBI, belongs to a 9-member panel that provides a quantitative measure of the probability of having lung cancer that goes beyond the histological evaluation of preinvasive lesions. The identified members of the panel are TMSB4X (Thymosin beta-4), Ubiquitin, des-ubiquitin, ACBP, CSTA, Cytochrome C, and MIF.
- HGNC entry for DBI from Genenames
- KEGG entry for DBI from Genome.jp
- Entrez entry for DBI all NCBI Databasese
- Human GEO Profiles for DBI from NCBI GEO Profiles
- Human Geo Datasets containing term DBI from NCBI GEO Datasets
- GWAS Study Datasets containing gene DBI from GWAS
- Human Single Nucleotide Polymorphisms info for DBI
- Human Gene(s) with 'DBI' as Gene Name/Alias
- Human Gene RefSeq for DBI from NCBI
- UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entry for DBI from Uniprot
- Human Protein RefSeq for DBI from NCBI
- FDA web page describing approval of DBI
|UniProt Accession #:||P07108|
|Mutated Sites Count:||60|
|Associated Pubmed ID Count||3|
|Affected Protein Function Sites Count:||4|