Aliases:This biomarker is also known as:
- LIM domain only 5, smooth muscle,
- Smooth muscle cell LIM protein,
- smooth muscle cell LIM protein,
- cysteine and glycine-rich protein 2,
- cysteine-rich protein 2,
- Cysteine-rich protein 2,
- LIM domain only protein 5,
CSRP2 encodes a LIM domain protein. LIM domain proteins may be involved in regulatory processes important for development and cellular differentiation. CSRP2 has two copies of the cysteine-rich amino acid sequence motif (LIM) with putative zinc-binding activity, and may be involved in regulating ordered cell growth. CSRP2 is thought to play a role in the development of the embryonic vascular system.
There are no datasets associated with this biomarker.
The following organs have data associated with this biomarker…
|QA State:||Under Review|
No additional breast data available.
CSRP2 was one of numerous potential early detection biomarkers specific to triple-negative breast cancer in multiple pathways identified.
- Discovery and preliminary confirmation of novel early detection biomarkers for triple-negative breast cancer using preclinical plasma samples from the Women's Health Initiative observational study.
- Plasma biomarker profiles differ depending on breast cancer subtype but RANTES is consistently increased.
- HGNC entry for CSRP2 from Genenames
- KEGG entry for CSRP2 from Genome.jp
- Entrez entry for CSRP2 all NCBI Databasese
- Human GEO Profiles for CSRP2 from NCBI GEO Profiles
- Human Geo Datasets containing term CSRP2 from NCBI GEO Datasets
- GWAS Study Datasets containing gene CSRP2 from GWAS
- Human Single Nucleotide Polymorphisms info for CSRP2
- Human Gene(s) with 'CSRP2' as Gene Name/Alias
- Human Gene RefSeq for CSRP2 from NCBI
- GeneCards entry for human CSRP2
- UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entry for CSRP2 from Uniprot
- Human Protein RefSeq for CSRP2 from NCBI
- FDA web page describing approval of CSRP2
|UniProt Accession #:||Q16527|
|Mutated Sites Count:||29|
|Associated Pubmed ID Count||8|
|Affected Protein Function Sites Count:||4|