Aliases:This biomarker is also known as:
- cytochrome c oxidase subunit 7A1, mitochondrial,
- cytochrome c oxidase subunit VIIa-H,
- cytochrome c oxidase subunit VIIa heart/muscle isoform,
- cytochrome c oxidase subunit VIIa-muscle,
- cytochrome c oxidase subunit VIIa-heart,
- Cytochrome c oxidase subunit VIIa-muscle,
- Cytochrome c oxidase subunit VIIa-H,
- Cytochrome c oxidase subunit VIIa-heart,
- cytochrome c oxidase subunit VIIa-M,
- cytochrome c oxidase subunit VIIa polypeptide 1 (muscle),
- Cytochrome c oxidase subunit VIIa-M,
COX7A1, cytochrome c oxidase subunit VIIa polypeptide 1 (muscle), is one of the polypeptide chains of cytochrome c oxidase, the terminal component of the mitochondrial respiratory chain. This polypeptide is present only in muscle tissues. Other polypeptides of subunit VIIa are present in both muscle and nonmuscle tissues, and are encoded by different genes.
There are no datasets associated with this biomarker.
The following organs have data associated with this biomarker…
|QA State:||Under Review|
No additional breast data available.
COX7A1 was one of numerous potential early detection biomarkers specific to triple-negative breast cancer in multiple pathways identified.
- Discovery and preliminary confirmation of novel early detection biomarkers for triple-negative breast cancer using preclinical plasma samples from the Women's Health Initiative observational study.
- Plasma biomarker profiles differ depending on breast cancer subtype but RANTES is consistently increased.
- HGNC entry for COX7A1 from Genenames
- KEGG entry for COX7A1 from Genome.jp
- Entrez entry for COX7A1 all NCBI Databasese
- Human GEO Profiles for COX7A1 from NCBI GEO Profiles
- Human Geo Datasets containing term COX7A1 from NCBI GEO Datasets
- GWAS Study Datasets containing gene COX7A1 from GWAS
- Human Single Nucleotide Polymorphisms info for COX7A1
- Human Gene(s) with 'COX7A1' as Gene Name/Alias
- Human Gene RefSeq for COX7A1 from NCBI
- GeneCards entry for human COX7A1
- UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entry for COX7A1 from Uniprot
- Human Protein RefSeq for COX7A1 from NCBI
- FDA web page describing approval of COX7A1
|UniProt Accession #:||P24310|
|Mutated Sites Count:||13|
|Associated Pubmed ID Count||3|
|Affected Protein Function Sites Count:||4|