Aliases:This biomarker is also known as:
- cytochrome c oxidase subunit VIIa heart/muscle isoform,
- Cytochrome c oxidase subunit VIIa-muscle,
- cytochrome c oxidase subunit VIIa-heart,
- Cytochrome c oxidase subunit VIIa-heart,
- cytochrome c oxidase subunit 7A1, mitochondrial,
- cytochrome c oxidase subunit VIIa-H,
- Cytochrome c oxidase subunit VIIa-H,
- Cytochrome c oxidase subunit VIIa-M,
- cytochrome c oxidase subunit VIIa polypeptide 1 (muscle),
- cytochrome c oxidase subunit VIIa-M,
- cytochrome c oxidase subunit VIIa-muscle,
COX7A1, cytochrome c oxidase subunit VIIa polypeptide 1 (muscle), is one of the polypeptide chains of cytochrome c oxidase, the terminal component of the mitochondrial respiratory chain. This polypeptide is present only in muscle tissues. Other polypeptides of subunit VIIa are present in both muscle and nonmuscle tissues, and are encoded by different genes.
There are no datasets associated with this biomarker.
The following organs have data associated with this biomarker…
|QA State:||Under Review|
No additional breast data available.
COX7A1 was one of numerous potential early detection biomarkers specific to triple-negative breast cancer in multiple pathways identified.
- Discovery and preliminary confirmation of novel early detection biomarkers for triple-negative breast cancer using preclinical plasma samples from the Women's Health Initiative observational study.
- Plasma biomarker profiles differ depending on breast cancer subtype but RANTES is consistently increased.
|UniProt Accession #:||P24310|
|Mutated Sites Count:||13|
|Associated Pubmed ID Count||3|
|Affected Protein Function Sites Count:||4|