Aliases:This biomarker is also known as:
- human type XVIII collagen,
- antiangiogenic agent,
- Knobloch syndrome, type 1,
- collagen, type XVIII, alpha 1,
- multi-functional protein MFP,
- collagen alpha-1(XVIII) chain,
COL18A1, also known as endostatin, is the alpha chain of type XVIII collagen. COL18A1 is one of the multiplexins, extracellular matrix proteins that contain multiple triple-helix domains (collagenous domains) interrupted by non-collagenous domains. COLA18A probably plays a major role in determining the retinal structure as well as in the closure of the neural tube. It also inhibits endothelial cell proliferation and angiogenesis, and may inhibit angiogenesis by binding to the heparan sulfate proteoglycans involved in growth factor signaling.
There are no datasets associated with this biomarker.
The following organs have data associated with this biomarker…
Endostatin, best known as an inhibitor of angiogenesis, has elevated serum levels in several cancers. Overexpression of endostatin and its parent extracellular matrix protein, collagen XVIII have been associated with poor prognosis in NSCLC (non-small cell lung cancer).
Serum endostatin levels may be useful markers for NSCLC (non-small cell lung cancer). Endostatin is also a member of a 12 protein panel that can discriminate NSCLC from controls with 91% sensitivity and 84% specificity in cross-validated training and 89% sensitivity and 83% specificity in a separate verification set, with similar performance for early and late stage NSCLC.
- HGNC entry for COL18A1 from Genenames
- KEGG entry for COL18A1 from Genome.jp
- Entrez entry for COL18A1 all NCBI Databasese
- Human GEO Profiles for COL18A1 from NCBI GEO Profiles
- Human Geo Datasets containing term COL18A1 from NCBI GEO Datasets
- GWAS Study Datasets containing gene COL18A1 from GWAS
- Human Single Nucleotide Polymorphisms info for COL18A1
- Human Gene(s) with 'COL18A1' as Gene Name/Alias
- Human Gene RefSeq for COL18A1 from NCBI
- GeneCards entry for human COL18A1
- UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entry for COL18A1 from Uniprot
- Human Protein RefSeq for COL18A1 from NCBI
- FDA web page describing approval of COL18A1
No other associated resources found.
|UniProt Accession #:||P39060|
|Mutated Sites Count:||403|
|Associated Pubmed ID Count||15|
|Affected Protein Function Sites Count:||4|