Aliases:This biomarker is also known as:
- Chitinase-3-like protein 1,
- Cartilage glycoprotein 39,
- 39 kDa synovial protein,
- chitinase 3-like 1 (cartilage glycoprotein-39),
CHI3L1, also known as chitinase, a secreted protein, is a carbohydrate-binding lectin with a preference for chitin. It may play a role in defense against pathogens, or in tissue remodeling. It may also play an important role in the capacity of cells to respond to and cope with changes in their environment. CHI3L1 is present in activated macrophages, articular chondrocytes, synovial cells as well as in liver. It is undetectable in muscle tissues, lung, pancreas, mononuclear cells, or fibroblasts.
There are no datasets associated with this biomarker.
The following organs have data associated with this biomarker…
CHI3L1, also commonly known as chitinase or YKL-40, has been studied as a biomarker for disease onset and progression for a variety of cancers.
Of the ovarian cancer biomarkers tested in prediagnostic specimens, from the PLCO, CA125 remains the single best biomarker for ovarian cancer and has its strongest signal within six months of diagnosis. CHI3L1 (chitinase) alone was not a strong predictor.
No associated publications found.
- HGNC entry for CHI3L1 from Genenames
- KEGG entry for CHI3L1 from Genome.jp
- Entrez entry for CHI3L1 all NCBI Databasese
- Human GEO Profiles for CHI3L1 from NCBI GEO Profiles
- Human Geo Datasets containing term CHI3L1 from NCBI GEO Datasets
- GWAS Study Datasets containing gene CHI3L1 from GWAS
- Human Single Nucleotide Polymorphisms info for CHI3L1
- Human Gene(s) with 'CHI3L1' as Gene Name/Alias
- Human Gene RefSeq for CHI3L1 from NCBI
- UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entry for CHI3L1 from Uniprot
- Human Protein RefSeq for CHI3L1 from NCBI
- FDA web page describing approval of CHI3L1
No other associated resources found.
|UniProt Accession #:||P36222|
|Mutated Sites Count:||77|
|Associated Pubmed ID Count||13|
|Affected Protein Function Sites Count:||4|