Aliases:This biomarker is also known as:
- Meconium antigen 100,
- Carcinoembryonic antigen,
- carcinoembryonic antigen-related cell adhesion molecule 5,
- CD66e Antigen,
From NCBI Gene: CEACAM5 is a member of the carcinoembryonic antigen (CEA) gene family, which belongs to the immunoglobulin superfamily. Two subgroups of the CEA family, the CEA cell adhesion molecules and the pregnancy-specific glycoproteins, are located within a 1.2 Mb cluster on the long arm of chromosome 19. Eleven pseudogenes of the CEA cell adhesion molecule subgroup are also found in the cluster. CEACAM5 is a cell surface glycoprotein that plays a role in cell adhesion and in intracellular signaling. It is a receptor for E.coli Dr adhesins.
There are no datasets associated with this biomarker.
The following organs have data associated with this biomarker…
No additional data available.
Ninety biomarkers were measured using a series of multiplexed immunoassays and results analyzed by the EDRN data management center splitting the cases and controls into training and validation sets, excluding subjects with DCIS or atypical hyperplasia from the training phase. We found little evidence that any of these markers can discriminate women with invasive cancer from those with benign breast conditions.
|QA State:||Under Review|
Levels of the four proteins (SLPI, TFPI, TFPI2, and TIMP1) were studied in a set of 12 late stage lung cancer serum samples and 12 normal serum samples using the immunoaffinity-MRM methodology. It was found that the immunoaffinity-mass spectrometry-based quantification approach provides a specific and accurate assay for verifying the expression of potential biomarkers in patient serum samples especially for those proteins for which the necessary reagents for ELISA development are unavailable. (From PMID:18388126)
Researchers have developed an immunoaffinity-mass spectrometry-based approach using antibodies to enrich multiple proteins of interest from sera followed by LC-MRM-based quantification. As a proof of concept, it was demonstrated that CEA can be detected and quantified in a subset of patient sera. This is the first reported detection of CEA in sera using a mass spectrometry-based approach in serum samples. This method has allowed quantifying potential protein biomarkers in sera in the low ng/ml range with an acceptable CV. This approach was further applied to potential protein biomarkers discovered from tumor cell lines and tumor tissues. A linear response was obtained from a multiplex spiking experiment in normal human sera for secretory leukocyte peptidase inhibitor (4-500 ng/ml), tissue factor pathway inhibitor (TFPI) (42-1000 ng/ml), tissue factor pathway inhibitor 2 (TFPI2) (2-250 ng/ml), and metalloproteinase inhibitor 1 (TIMP1) (430-1000 ng/ml). (From PMID:18388126)
|QA State:||Under Review|
CEACAM5 is a member of the carcinoembryonic antigen (CEA) family. The carcinoembryonic proteins are found normally in the blood of a fetus. The CEA proteins are also found in the blood of some people who have certain types of tumors, such as colorectal, pancreas, breast, ovary, or lung. CEA levels are not usually elevated in early cancer, and in some cancers are not elevated at all.
Despite many promising new markers for ovarian cancer, CA125 remains the single best biomarker in the phase II and phase III specimens tested in this study.
- The state of molecular biomarkers for the early detection of lung cancer.
- Use of an immunoaffinity-mass spectrometry-based approach for the quantification of protein biomarkers from serum samples of lung cancer patients.
- Carcinoembryonic antigen, squamous cell carcinoma antigen, CYFRA 21-1, and neuron-specific enolase in squamous cell lung cancer patients.
- Panel of serum biomarkers for the diagnosis of lung cancer.
- HGNC entry for CEACAM5 from Genenames
- KEGG entry for CEACAM5 from Genome.jp
- Entrez entry for CEACAM5 all NCBI Databasese
- Human GEO Profiles for CEACAM5 from NCBI GEO Profiles
- Human Geo Datasets containing term CEACAM5 from NCBI GEO Datasets
- GWAS Study Datasets containing gene CEACAM5 from GWAS
- Human Single Nucleotide Polymorphisms info for CEACAM5
- Human Gene(s) with 'CEACAM5' as Gene Name/Alias
- Human Gene RefSeq for CEACAM5 from NCBI
- UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entry for CEACAM5 from Uniprot
- Human Protein RefSeq for CEACAM5 from NCBI
- FDA web page describing approval of CEACAM5
No other associated resources found.
|UniProt Accession #:||P06731|
|Mutated Sites Count:||157|
|Associated Pubmed ID Count||24|
|Affected Protein Function Sites Count:||5|