Aliases:This biomarker is also known as:
- Subtractive immunization M plus HEp3-associated 135 kDa protein,
- transmembrane and associated with src kinases,
- subtractive immunization M plus HEp3-associated 135 kDa protein,
- CUB domain containing protein 1,
- Membrane glycoprotein gp140,
- membrane glycoprotein gp140,
- Transmembrane and associated with src kinases,
- CUB domain-containing protein 1,
- CD318 antigen,
CDCP1 is a transmembrane protein containing three extracellular CUB domains. It is found to be overexpressed in colon and lung cancers. Its expression level is correlated with the metastatic ability of carcinoma cells. CDCP1 is located on the cell surface and may be involved in cell adhesion and cell matrix association. Alternatively spliced transcript variants encoding distinct isoforms have been reported.
There are no datasets associated with this biomarker.
The following organs have data associated with this biomarker…
|QA State:||Under Review|
CDCP1 is a transmembrane tumor vascular marker (TVM) that is selectively expressed in tumor vasculature and represents a promising target for vascular imaging or anti-vascular therapy of epithelial ovarian cancer.
CDCP1 was one of 13 genes out of 50 selected for further validation in PMID:21617380. Average expression of CDCP1 was significantly higher in epithelial ovarian cancer tumors than any other normal tissue tested.