Aliases:This biomarker is also known as:
- alternative macrophage activation-associated CC chemokine 1,
- Small-inducible cytokine A18,
- small inducible cytokine subfamily A (Cys-Cys), member 18, pulmonary and activation-regulated,
- chemokine (C-C motif) ligand 18 (pulmonary and activation-regulated),
- Macrophage inflammatory protein 4,
- CC chemokine PARC,
- small-inducible cytokine A18,
- macrophage inflammatory protein 4,
- chemokine (C-C), dendritic,
- CC chemokine ligand 18,
- Pulmonary and activation-regulated chemokine,
- dendritic cell chemokine 1,
- C-C motif chemokine 18,
- Dendritic cell chemokine 1,
- small inducible cytokine A18,
- pulmonary and activation-regulated chemokine,
- Alternative macrophage activation-associated CC chemokine 1,
CCL18, also known as MIP-4, is a member of the cytokine family, a family of secreted proteins involved in immunoregulatory and inflammatory processes. CCL18 is a Cys-Cys (CC) cytokine, characterized by two adjacent cysteines. CCL18 is a chemotactic factor that attracts lymphocytes but not monocytes or granulocytes. This chemokine attracts naive T lymphocytes toward dendritic cells and activated macrophages in lymph nodes. It may play a role in both humoral and cell-mediated immunity responses.
There are no datasets associated with this biomarker.
The following organs have data associated with this biomarker…
CCL18 has been described in the literature as a potential biomarker for ovarian, bladder, breast, and colorectal cancer. CCL18 has not been identified previously in serum as a lung cancer biomarker, but it was observed up-regulated in lung cancer in the aptamer proteomic technology study (Ostroff et al, 2010).
CCL18, also known as MIP-4, is a member of a 12 protein panel that can discriminate NSCLC from controls with 91% sensitivity and 84% specificity in cross-validated training and 89% sensitivity and 83% specificity in a separate verification set, with similar performance for early and late stage NSCLC.
|QA State:||Under Review|
|UniProt Accession #:||P55774|
|Mutated Sites Count:||13|
|Associated Pubmed ID Count||6|
|Affected Protein Function Sites Count:||4|