Aliases:This biomarker is also known as:
- Green heme-binding protein,
- biliverdin reductase B (flavin reductase (NADPH)),
- Biliverdin-IX beta-reductase,
- Flavin reductase,
- NADPH-dependent diaphorase,
- short chain dehydrogenase/reductase family 43U, member 1,
- NADPH-flavin reductase,
- Biliverdin reductase B,
BLVRB, a cytoplasmic protein, is a broad specificity oxidoreductase that catalyzes the NADPH-dependent reduction of a variety of flavins, such as riboflavin, FAD or FMN, biliverdins, methemoglobin and pyrroloquinoline quinone. It contributes to heme catabolism and metabolizes linear tetrapyrroles. BLVRB can also reduce the complexed Fe3+ iron to Fe2+ in the presence of FMN and NADPH. In the liver, converts biliverdin to bilirubin. BLVRB is predominantly expressed in liver and erythrocytes, and at lower levels in heart, lung, adrenal gland and cerebrum.
|QA State:||Under Review|
There are no datasets associated with this biomarker.