Aliases:This biomarker is also known as:
- Lutheran antigen,
- Lutheran blood group (Auberger b antigen included),
- Auberger B antigen,
- basal cell adhesion molecule (Lutheran blood group),
- Lutheran blood group glycoprotein,
- B-CAM cell surface glycoprotein,
- Basal cell adhesion molecule,
- F8/G253 antigen,
- basal cell adhesion molecule (Lu and Au blood groups),
Lutheran blood group glycoprotein is a member of the immunoglobulin superfamily and a receptor for the extracellular matrix protein, laminin alpha-5. The protein contains five, N-terminus, extracellular immunoglobulin domains, a single transmembrane domain, and a short, C-terminal cytoplasmic tail. This protein may play a role in epithelial cell cancer and in vaso-occlusion of red blood cells in sickle cell disease. It may also play a role in intracellular signalling. BCAM has wide tissue distribution (highest in the pancreas and very low in brain) and is closely associated with the basal layer of cells in epithelia and the endothelium of blood vessel walls. Two transcript variants encoding different isoforms have been found for this gene.
There are no datasets associated with this biomarker.
The following organs have data associated with this biomarker…
No associated publications found.
- HGNC entry for BCAM from Genenames
- KEGG entry for BCAM from Genome.jp
- Entrez entry for BCAM all NCBI Databasese
- Human GEO Profiles for BCAM from NCBI GEO Profiles
- Human Geo Datasets containing term BCAM from NCBI GEO Datasets
- GWAS Study Datasets containing gene BCAM from GWAS
- Human Single Nucleotide Polymorphisms info for BCAM
- Human Gene(s) with 'BCAM' as Gene Name/Alias
- Human Gene RefSeq for BCAM from NCBI
- GeneCards entry for human BCAM
- UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entry for BCAM from Uniprot
- Human Protein RefSeq for BCAM from NCBI
- FDA web page describing approval of BCAM
No other associated resources found.
|UniProt Accession #:||P50895|
|Mutated Sites Count:||111|
|Associated Pubmed ID Count||18|
|Affected Protein Function Sites Count:||5|