Aliases:This biomarker is also known as:
- apoptotic protease-activating factor 1,
- apoptotic protease activating factor,
- apoptotic peptidase activating factor,
- apoptotic peptidase activating factor 1,
APAF1 is a cytoplasmic protein that initiates apoptosis. APAF1 binds cytochrome c and dATP, forming an oligomeric apoptosome. The apoptosome binds and cleaves caspase 9 preproprotein, releasing its mature, activated form. Activated caspase 9 stimulates the subsequent caspase cascade that commits the cell to apoptosis.
There are no datasets associated with this biomarker.
The following organs have data associated with this biomarker…
|QA State:||Under Review|
No additional breast data available.
APAF1 was one of numerous potential early detection biomarkers specific to triple-negative breast cancer in multiple pathways identified.
- HGNC entry for APAF1 from Genenames
- KEGG entry for APAF1 from Genome.jp
- Entrez entry for APAF1 all NCBI Databasese
- Human GEO Profiles for APAF1 from NCBI GEO Profiles
- Human Geo Datasets containing term APAF1 from NCBI GEO Datasets
- GWAS Study Datasets containing gene APAF1 from GWAS
- Human Single Nucleotide Polymorphisms info for APAF1
- Human Gene(s) with 'APAF1' as Gene Name/Alias
- Human Gene RefSeq for APAF1 from NCBI
- GeneCards entry for human APAF1
- UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entry for APAF1 from Uniprot
- Human Protein RefSeq for APAF1 from NCBI
- FDA web page describing approval of APAF1
|UniProt Accession #:||O14727|
|Mutated Sites Count:||324|
|Associated Pubmed ID Count||21|
|Affected Protein Function Sites Count:||4|