Aliases:This biomarker is also known as:
- tumor-amplified and overexpressed sequence 2,
- Oral cancer overexpressed protein 2,
- oral cancer overexpressed 2,
- anoctamin 1, calcium activated chloride channel,
- transmembrane protein 16A (eight membrane-spanning domains),
- Discovered on gastrointestinal stromal tumors protein 1,
- transmembrane protein 16A,
- discovered on gastrointestinal stromal tumors protein 1,
- Tumor-amplified and overexpressed sequence 2,
- Transmembrane protein 16A,
ANO1, or anoctamin-1, is a calcium-activated chloride channel gene overexpressed in many tumors. ANO1 is ubiquitously expressed in epithelia and is thought to be important in epithelial fluid transport.
There are no datasets associated with this biomarker.
The following organs have data associated with this biomarker…
|QA State:||Under Review|
ANO1 is located within the 11q13 amplicon, one of the most frequently amplified chromosomal regions in human cancer. ANO1 is amplified and highly expressed in breast cancer cell lines and primary tumors.
ANO1 was one of numerous potential early detection biomarkers specific to triple-negative breast cancer in multiple pathways identified.
- Calcium-activated chloride channel ANO1 promotes breast cancer progression by activating EGFR and CAMK signaling.
- Discovery and preliminary confirmation of novel early detection biomarkers for triple-negative breast cancer using preclinical plasma samples from the Women's Health Initiative observational study.
- Plasma biomarker profiles differ depending on breast cancer subtype but RANTES is consistently increased.
- HGNC entry for ANO1 from Genenames
- KEGG entry for ANO1 from Genome.jp
- Entrez entry for ANO1 all NCBI Databasese
- Human GEO Profiles for ANO1 from NCBI GEO Profiles
- Human Geo Datasets containing term ANO1 from NCBI GEO Datasets
- GWAS Study Datasets containing gene ANO1 from GWAS
- Human Single Nucleotide Polymorphisms info for ANO1
- Human Gene(s) with 'ANO1' as Gene Name/Alias
- Human Gene RefSeq for ANO1 from NCBI
- GeneCards entry for human ANO1
- UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entry for ANO1 from Uniprot
- Human Protein RefSeq for ANO1 from NCBI
- FDA web page describing approval of ANO1
|UniProt Accession #:||Q5XXA6|
|Mutated Sites Count:||158|
|Associated Pubmed ID Count||13|
|Affected Protein Function Sites Count:||4|