Triple Negative Breast Cancer Team Project
- Feng, Ziding — Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
- Srivastava, Sudhir — National Cancer Institute
- LaBaer, Joshua — Arizona State University
- Zangar, Richard (Rick) C. — Pacific Northwest National Laboratory
- Li, Christopher — Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
- Anderson, Karen — Arizona State University
The overall study design involves the identification of three distinct types of blood-based biomarkers: 1. Autoantibodies (Anderson/LaBaer) 2. Protein antigens (Li/Lampe; Zangar). 3. miRNA (Huebner/Croce). These biomarkers will be validated in a step-wise fashion using samples provided by the CEVCs and multi-institutional cohorts, with study design and evaluation by the DMCC. Aim 1. Verification of novel biomarkers for TNBC Aim 2. Validate the top biomarkers for TNBC using a diagnostic set of plasma. Aim 3. Determine the sensitivity, specificity, and positive predictive value of the top marker combinations found in aim 2 to distinguish TNBC from benign breast disease, and for the detection of ER+ and Her2+ breast cancer, using the EDRN Reference Set. Aim 4. Develop a phase III validation plan for testing the top biomarkers and biomarker combination for TNBC detection using prediagnostic sera from WHI, ROCA, and PLCO.
There are currently no biomarkers annotated for this protocol.
No datasets are currently associated with this protocol.