EDRN Pre-Validation of Multiplex Biomarker in Urine
- Chinnaiyan, Arul M. — University of Michigan
- Semmes, John — Eastern Virginia Medical School
- Wagner, Andrew — Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
- Thompson, Ian M. — University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio
- Partin, Alan W — Johns Hopkins University Department of Urology
- Grizzle, William E. — University of Alabama at Birmingham
The goal of this proposal is to begin to establish an EDRN “pre-validation” trial of a multiplex set of transcripts, including the ETS gene fusions, in post-DRE urine sediments. As can be evidenced by our preliminary data, we have established the utility of this multiplex urine test (which includes TMPRSS-ERG, SPINK1, PCA3 and GOLPH2) in a cohort of prospectively collected urine sediments from the University of Michigan EDRN CEVC site (collected by co-I, Dr. John Wei). In this proposal, we will run this multiplex assay on prospectively collected post-DRE urines collected from other EDRN sites. The idea is to couple this “pre-validation” study with an EDRN validation trial under consideration for the Gen-Probe PCA3 urine test (directed by Drs. John Wei and Harry Rittenhouse).
There are currently no biomarkers annotated for this protocol.
No datasets are currently associated with this protocol.