Standard Specimen Reference Set: Pancreatic
- Sasson, Aaron — University of Nebraska
- Grizzle, William E. — University of Alabama at Birmingham
- Frazier, Marsha — The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center
- Thornquist, Mark D — Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
- Srivastava, Sudhir — National Cancer Institute
- Groover, Kathleen — National Cancer Institute at Frederick
- Brand, Randall E. — University of Pittsburgh
- Klein, Alison — Johns Hopkins University
- Anderson, Michelle — Univ of Michigan
- Allen, Peter J. — Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
- Kaul, Karen — NorthShore University HealthSystem
The primary objective of the EDRN Pancreatic Cancer Working Group Proposal is to create a reference set consisting of well-characterized serum/plasma specimens to use as a resource for the development of biomarkers for the early detection of pancreatic adenocarcinoma. The testing of biomarkers on the same sample set permits direct comparison among them; thereby, allowing the development of a biomarker panel that can be evaluated in a future validation study. Additionally, the establishment of an infrastructure with core data elements and standardized operating procedures for specimen collection, processing and storage, will provide the necessary preparatory platform for larger validation studies when the appropriate marker/panel for pancreatic adenocarcinoma has been identified.
There are currently no biomarkers annotated for this protocol.
No datasets are currently associated with this protocol.