EDRN-WHI Pre-Clinical Colon Ca Specimens
No involved investigator sites defined.
Specifically, it is proposed to assess plasma proteins from postmenopausal women diagnosed with colon cancer within a span of 18 months after year-3 OS blood draw and from appropriate matched controls enrolled in the WHI OS study. The range of case-control differences sought in plasma include: 1 Detection and identification of proteins that may be derived from tumor cells through the classical secreted protein pathway and through non-classical pathways (eg protein cleavage and release) or through cell turnover. 2 Detection and identification of protein changes associated with the host response that occur during tumor development and that may be related to inflammation, angiogenesis, infiltration of tumor with host cells and other processes. 3 Identification of tumor derived proteins that induce a humoral immune response in the form of autoantibodies that are detectable at the preclinical stage.
There are currently no biomarkers annotated for this protocol.
- EDRN WHI Colon University of Michigan
- EDRN WHI Colon Karmanos Cancer Institute
- EDRN WHI Colon University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute
- EDRN WHI Colon Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
- EDRN WHI Colon Wistar
- EDRN WHI Colon Harvard University
- EDRN WHI Colon Pacific National Northwest Laboratory
- EDRN WHI Colon Northeastern University
- EDRN WHI Colon Johns Hopkins Medical Institution