SPORE/EDRN/PRE-PLCO Ovarian Phase II Validation Study
- Thornquist, Mark D — Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
- Srivastava, Sudhir — National Cancer Institute
- McIntosh, Martin — Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
- Godwin, Andrew K — University of Kansas Medical Center
- Bast, Robert C — The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center
- Urban, Nicole — Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
- Partridge, Edward E — University of Alabama
- Berg, Christine — National Cancer Institute-PLCO
- Lokshin, Anna — University of Pittsburgh Cancer Instititute
- Agarwal, Rajeev — National Cancer Institute
- Cramer, Daniel — Brigham and Women's Hospital
Phase II specimens from 160 ovarian cancer cases and 640 benign disease or general population controls were assembled from four Early Detection Research Network (EDRN) or Ovarian Cancer Specialized Program of Research Excellence (SPORE) sites and used to rank 51 biomarkers. Top markers in phase II specimens included CA125, HE4, transthyretin, CA15.3, and CA72.4 with sensitivity at 95% specificity ranging from 0.73 to 0.40.
There are currently no biomarkers annotated for this protocol.