See also the Informatics FAQ: frequently asked questions—with answers.
EDRN Knowledge System
|Both public and secure access to the programmatic and scientific results of EDRN research. Open to the public. EDRN login gains greater access.|
|A database annotating the EDRN biomarkers under study. EDRN login required.|
|A large-scale repository for capture and distributing data from EDRN studies. Open to the public. EDRN login gains greater access.|
|An infrastructure for investigators in EDRN to securely capture, process, and dissemination data to other investigators. EDRN login required.|
EDRN Specimen Exchange
|A distributed database of specimens within the EDRN. Open to the public.|
|A tool, developed by Vanderbilt University, used to support study management. REDCap login required.|
|The Diagnostic and Biomarkers Statistical (DABS) Center is sponsored by EDRN to promote application of sound statistical methods in the evaluation of diagnostic/prognostic devices and biomarkers. Software, guidelines, datasets, and educational materials are available. Open to the public.|
|A tool, developed by Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, used to support EDRN validation studies. EDRN login required.|
|A database of EDRN protocols. EDRN login required.|
|An internal EDRN site hosted by the EDRN DMCC for sharing policies and other information. EDRN login required.|
- Common Data Elements. A set of EDRN CDEs developed by the program to support data annotation and sharing.
- EDRN Standards. Information, guidelines, and recommended practices to follow when developing EDRN-compliant informatics tools.
Publications and Media
- Final report of the 2013 Cancer Biomarkers Bioinformatics Workshop
- EDRN Informatics (video)
- EDRN Knowledge Environment (video)
- Crichton DJ, Mattmann CA, Thornquist M, Anton K, Hughes JS. Bioinformatics: Biomarkers of Early Detection. Cancer Biomark. 2010;9(1-6):511-30. doi: 10.3233/CBM-2011-0180
- Mattmann CA. Computing: a Vision for Data Science. Nature 2013 Jan 24;493(7433):473-5. doi: 10.1038/493473a.
- National Research Council. Frontiers in Massive Data Analysis. The National Academies Press, 2013.
- Tenenbaum, D. Serving Up Specimens: NASA-NCI Project Links Databases Across the Country. Journal of the National Cancer Institute 2003;95(3):186-187.
- Crichton DJ, Mattmann CA, Hughes JS, Kelly SC, Hart AF. A Multidisciplinary, Model-Driven, Distributed Science Data System Architecture. Guide to e-Science, Yang X, Wang L, Jie W (eds.) 2011 XXVII.
- Crichton DJ, Mattmann CA, Cinquini L, Law E, Chang G, Hardman S, Shams K. Architecting Scientific Data Systems in the Cloud. Cloud Computing Mahmood Z (ed.) 2013, XVII.
- Crichton DJ, Hughes JS, Kelly SC. A Science Data System Architecture for Information Retrieval. Clustering and Information Retrieval, Wu W, Xiong H, Shekhar S (eds.) 2004.
- Crichton DJ, Kincaid H, Kelly SC, Srivastava S, Hughes JS, Johnsey D. Creating a National Virtual Knowledge Environment for Proteomics and Information Management. Informatics in Proteomics, Srivastava S (ed.) 2005.
- Mattmann CA, Crichton DJ, Hart AF, Goodale C, Hughes JS, Kelly SC, Cinquini L, Painter TH, Lazio J, Waliser D, Medvidovic N, Kim J, Lean P. Architecting Data-Intensive Software Systems. Handbook of Data Intensive Computing, Furht B, Escalante A (eds.) 2011.
- Taft, DK. Apache Object-Oriented Data Project Goes Top-Level. eWeek 2011.
- Schwerin B, Rademakers L, Coleman D, Jones J. Frameworks Coordinate Scientific Data Management. Spinoff 2011 US GPO 2011.
EDRN informatics leadership is provided by the Jet Propulsion Laboratory's EDRN Informatics Center and the Fred Hutchinson EDRN Data Management and Coordinating Center (DMCC).