G.I. and Other Associated Cancers Research Group
- Discovered Vimentin methylation in stool and demonstrated in controlled reference sets a sensitivity of 84% at 85% specificity. In CLIA Lab.
- Discovered GP73 as a classifier of HCC in high risk patients and demonstrated that it improves AFP performance in detecting early stage HCC.
- Seven EDRN sites participate in the construction of standard reference sets: serum/plasma and cystic fluid; reference sets to be used to screen DEAR1, miRNA profiles and other biomarkers to rule in or rule out biomarkers for larger validation study.
- Identified DEAR1 and two miRNA profiles as potential biomarkers for early detection of pancreatic cancer
- Collected a high quality biosample repository from high risk cirrhotic patients and from patients with early stage HCC
- Developed the first EDRN large, multi-center cross-sectional trial of biomarkers for the early detection of hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC)
- Discovered galectin-3 ligand as a serum biomarker of colon cancer