Aliases:This biomarker is also known as:
- Collagenase inhibitor,
- tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase 1 (erythroid potentiating activity, collagenase inhibitor),
- Fibroblast collagenase inhibitor,
- TIMP metallopeptidase inhibitor 1,
- Erythroid-potentiating activity,
- Tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinases 1,
- metalloproteinase inhibitor 1,
The TIMP1 protein encoded by this TIMP gene family are natural inhibitors of the matrix metalloproteinases (MMPs), a group of peptidases involved in degradation of the extracellular matrix. In addition to its inhibitory role against most of the known MMPs, the encoded protein is able to promote cell proliferation in a wide range of cell types, and may also have an anti-apoptotic function. Transcription of the TIMP1 gene is highly inducible in response to many cytokines and hormones. Metalloproteinase 1 is a stromal factor with multiple functions. Overexpression reduces pancreatic cancer cell implantation, growth, metastasis, and angiogenesis, while increasing tumor apoptosis, all without altering metallopeptidase 2 production.
|QA State:||Under Review|
There are no datasets associated with this biomarker.