Aliases:This biomarker is also known as:
- surfactant protein C,
- surfactant, pulmonary-associated protein C,
- pulmonary surfactant-associated protein C,
- pulmonary surfactant-associated proteolipid SPL(Val),
- pulmonary surfactant apoprotein-2 SP-C,
- Pulmonary surfactant-associated proteolipid SPL(Val),
SFTPC, or pulmonary surfactant-associated protein C, is a hydrophobic surfactant protein essential for lung function and homeostasis after birth. Pulmonary surfactant-associated proteins promote alveolar stability by lowering the surface tension at the air-liquid interface in the peripheral air spaces. These proteins are composed of 90% lipids and 10% proteins, and include plasma proteins and apolipoproteins SPA, SPB, SPC and SPD. There are several alternatively spliced transcript variants for this gene, encoding different proteins.
|QA State:||Under Review|
There are no datasets associated with this biomarker.