Aliases:This biomarker is also known as:
- serpin peptidase inhibitor, clade A (alpha-1 antiproteinase, antitrypsin), member 1,
- Alpha-1 protease inhibitor,
- Serpin A1,
- serine (or cysteine) proteinase inhibitor, clade A (alpha-1 antiproteinase, antitrypsin), member 1,
- protease inhibitor 1 (anti-elastase), alpha-1-antitrypsin,
- serine (or cysteine) proteinase inhibitor, clade A, member 1,
- alpha-1-antitrypsin null,
Alpha-1-antitrypsin is secreted and is an extracellular serine protease inhibitor whose targets include elastase, plasmin, thrombin, trypsin, chymotrypsin, and plasminogen activator. Defects in this gene can cause emphysema or liver disease. Elevation of alpha1-AT serum levels have been observed in the course of a large number of malignant diseases. Several transcript variants encoding the same protein have been found for this gene.
|QA State:||Under Review|
There are no datasets associated with this biomarker.