Aliases:This biomarker is also known as:
- Alpha-1 protease inhibitor,
- Serpin A1,
- protease inhibitor 1 (anti-elastase), alpha-1-antitrypsin,
- alpha-1-antitrypsin null,
- serine (or cysteine) proteinase inhibitor, clade A (alpha-1 antiproteinase, antitrypsin), member 1,
- serine (or cysteine) proteinase inhibitor, clade A, member 1,
- serpin peptidase inhibitor, clade A (alpha-1 antiproteinase, antitrypsin), member 1,
Alpha-1-antitrypsin is secreted and is an extracellular serine protease inhibitor whose targets include elastase, plasmin, thrombin, trypsin, chymotrypsin, and plasminogen activator. Defects in this gene can cause emphysema or liver disease. Elevation of alpha1-AT serum levels have been observed in the course of a large number of malignant diseases. Several transcript variants encoding the same protein have been found for this gene.
|QA State:||Under Review|
There are no datasets associated with this biomarker.