Aliases:This biomarker is also known as:
- retinol-binding protein 4, interstitial,
- retinol-binding protein 4, plasma,
- plasma retinol-binding protein,
- retinol-binding protein 4,
- Plasma retinol-binding protein,
- retinol binding protein 4, plasma,
The RBP4 protein is a member of the lipcalin family. RBP4 delivers retinol (vitamin A alcohol) from the liver stores to the peripheral tissues via the blood. In plasma, the RBP-retinol complex interacts with transthyretin which prevents its loss by filtration through the kidney glomeruli. A deficiency of vitamin A blocks secretion of the binding protein posttranslationally and results in defective delivery and supply to the epidermal cells.
|QA State:||Under Review|
There are no datasets associated with this biomarker.