Aliases:This biomarker is also known as:
- IAR/receptor-like protein-tyrosine phosphatase,
- tyrosine phosphatase IA-2 beta,
- Islet cell autoantigen-related protein,
- receptor-type tyrosine-protein phosphatase N2,
- protein tyrosine phosphatase receptor pi,
- protein tyrosine phosphatase, receptor type, N polypeptide 2,
PTPRN2 is a member of the protein tyrosine phosphatase (PTP) family. These proteins are signaling molecules that regulate a variety of cellular processes including cell growth, differentiation, mitotic cycle, and oncogenic transformation. This PTP is a receptor-type PTP. This PTP and PTPRN are both found to be major autoantigens associated with insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus. Three alternatively spliced transcript variants of this gene, which encode distinct proteins, have been reported.
|QA State:||Under Review|
There are no datasets associated with this biomarker.