Aliases:This biomarker is also known as:
- nitric oxide synthase 1 (neuronal),
- Constitutive NOS,
- Peptidyl-cysteine S-nitrosylase NOS1,
- peptidyl-cysteine S-nitrosylase NOS1,
- Neuronal NOS,
- neuronal NOS,
- nitric oxide synthase, brain,
- EC 184.108.40.206,
- NOS type I,
- constitutive NOS,
NOS1, or nitric oxide synthase 1 (neuronal), along with inducible nitric oxide synthase (NOS2) and endothelial nitric oxide synthase (NOS3), catalyze the generation of nitric oxide and L-citrulline from L-arginine and molecular oxygen. Nitric oxide is a messenger molecule with diverse functions throughout the body. In the brain and peripheral nervous system, nitric oxide displays many properties of a neurotransmitter. NOS1 also displays antimicrobial and antitumoral activities.
There are no datasets associated with this biomarker.
The following organs have data associated with this biomarker…
|QA State:||Under Review|
No additional breast data available.
NOS1 was one of numerous potential early detection biomarkers specific to triple-negative breast cancer in multiple pathways identified.
- Plasma biomarker profiles differ depending on breast cancer subtype but RANTES is consistently increased.
- Discovery and preliminary confirmation of novel early detection biomarkers for triple-negative breast cancer using preclinical plasma samples from the Women's Health Initiative observational study.
- Development and validation of sandwich ELISA microarrays with minimal assay interference.