Aliases:This biomarker is also known as:
- activator protein 1,
- transcription factor jun-B,
- jun B proto-oncogene,
JUNB, or jun B proto-oncogene, is a transcription factor involved in regulating gene activity following the primary growth factor response. Binds to the DNA sequence 5'-TGA[CG]TCA-3'.
There are no datasets associated with this biomarker.
The following organs have data associated with this biomarker…
|QA State:||Under Review|
It is thought that JUNB plays an important role in the biological behavior of malignant breast tumors.
JUNB was one of numerous potential early detection biomarkers specific to triple-negative breast cancer in multiple pathways identified.
- Jun and Fos family protein expression in human breast cancer: correlation of protein expression and clinicopathological parameters.
- Discovery and preliminary confirmation of novel early detection biomarkers for triple-negative breast cancer using preclinical plasma samples from the Women's Health Initiative observational study.
- Development and validation of sandwich ELISA microarrays with minimal assay interference.
- Plasma biomarker profiles differ depending on breast cancer subtype but RANTES is consistently increased.