Aliases:This biomarker is also known as:
- prostate differentiation factor,
- Prostate differentiation factor,
- Placental bone morphogenetic protein,
- NSAID-activated gene 1 protein,
- Macrophage inhibitory cytokine 1,
- Placental TGF-beta,
- NSAID-regulated gene 1 protein,
- growth differentiation factor 15,
GDF15 is a bone morphogenetic protein (BMP) belonging to the transforming growth factor-beta (TGF-beta) superfamily. The bone morphogenetic proteins regulate tissue differentiation and maintenance. GDF15 is a secreted protein that is highly expressed in placenta, with lower levels in prostate and colon and some expression in kidney. Bone morphogenetic protein precursor molecules are cleaved at a dibasic site to release C-terminal domains with 7 conserved cysteines in the mature protein.
|QA State:||Under Review|
There are no datasets associated with this biomarker.