Aliases:This biomarker is also known as:
- Metastatic lymph node gene 19 protein,
- Receptor tyrosine-protein kinase erbB-2,
- v-erb-b2 avian erythroblastic leukemia viral oncogene homolog 2 (neuro/glioblastoma derived oncogene homolog),
- v-erb-b2 erythroblastic leukemia viral oncogene homolog 2, neuro/glioblastoma derived oncogene homolog (avian),
- Proto-oncogene Neu,
- Tyrosine kinase-type cell surface receptor HER2,
- Proto-oncogene c-ErbB-2,
- MLN 19,
ERBB2, often known as HER-2/neu, a single-pass type I membrane protein, is a member of the epidermal growth factor (EGF) receptor family of receptor tyrosine kinases. It is part of several cell surface receptor complexes. ERBB2 has no ligand binding domain of its own, and needs a coreceptor for ligand binding. Allelic variations at amino acid positions 654 and 655 of isoform a (positions 624 and 625 of isoform b) have been reported, with the most common allele Ile654/Ile655. There are several transcript variants resulting from alternative splicing events. Some isoforms have not been fully characterized yet.
There are no datasets associated with this biomarker.