Aliases:This biomarker is also known as:
- New ETS-related factor,
- new Ets-related factor,
- ETS-related transcription factor Elf-2,
- ets family transcription factor ELF2C,
- E74-like factor 2,
- E74-like factor 2 (ets domain transcription factor),
ELF2 is a nuclear protein that is conserved across several species. Multiple isoforms have been identified. Isoform 1 transcriptionally activates the LYN and BLK promoters and acts synergistically with RUNX1 to transactivate the BLK promoter, while isoform 2 is thought to function in repression of RUNX1-mediated transactivation.
There are no datasets associated with this biomarker.
The following organs have data associated with this biomarker…
|QA State:||Under Review|
No additional breast data available.
ELF2 was one of numerous potential early detection biomarkers specific to triple-negative breast cancer in multiple pathways identified.
- Discovery and preliminary confirmation of novel early detection biomarkers for triple-negative breast cancer using preclinical plasma samples from the Women's Health Initiative observational study.
- Development and validation of sandwich ELISA microarrays with minimal assay interference.
- Plasma biomarker profiles differ depending on breast cancer subtype but RANTES is consistently increased.